Capital Women's Care
Obstetrics & Gynecology located in Silver Spring, MD & Laurel, MD
Attending regular gynecology appointments helps detect serious reproductive problems, some of which can be life-threatening if not caught early. The experienced obstetricians and gynecologists at Capital Women’s Care, located in Laurel and Silver Spring, Maryland, screen for and treat gynecological conditions to strengthen the reproductive health of their patients. To get your wellness exam, book an appointment online or over the phone today.
Gynecology Q & A
What is Gynecology?
Gynecology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the health and wellness of girls and women, especially the prevention and treatment of conditions affecting the reproductive system. Examples of care the OB/GYN team at Capital Women’s Care offer include:
- Endometrial ablation for heavy menstrual bleeding
- Laparoscopic hysterectomies and other sterilization procedures
- Fibroid removal
- Infertility evaluations
- Education and screening regarding sexually transmitted diseases
- Cervical, colon, and breast cancer screening
- Birth control consultations
- Treatment for menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- Pelvic pain treatment
The OB/GYN team at Capital Women’s Care aims to prevent or catch reproductive issues early before serious health problems arise.
How Often Should I Schedule an Appointment?
You provider at Capital Women’s Care will let you know how often to schedule a gynecology appointment. It might be once a year if you’re healthy or more often if you have a chronic health condition or are at risk for one.
What Should I Expect During a Gynecology Appointment?
When you arrive at a gynecology appointment at Capital Women’s Care, you’ll be greeted by the warm, welcoming staff. An OB/GYN physician or physician’s assistant may:
- Have you produce a urine sample to assess kidney function and look for potential health concerns
- Go over your medical history and any symptoms you may be having
- Complete a thorough physical exam
- Screen for cervical and breast cancer using a PAP test or mammogram
- Order lab tests as needed
- Perform a screening for colon cancer
During a PAP test, your doctor will insert a metal speculum into your vagina and take a sample of cells from your cervix to check for cervical cancer.
The medical experts at Capital Women’s Care use the latest and most advanced technology. Members of the gynecology team speak English, Spanish, Hebrew, and French, and they offer in-office blood draws for added convenience.
If you’re ready for your next gynecology appointment, call Capital Women’s Care or book it online.
Obstetric & Gynecological Services
Birth Controlmore info
Minimally Invasive Surgerymore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Well-Woman Exammore info
Ovarian Cystsmore info
Heavy Menstrual Bleedingmore info
Breast Caremore info